Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Uganda and DRC bordering districts agree to intensify cross-border surveillance to tackle Ebola
- Uganda stands out in refugees hospitality
- GIEWS Country Brief: Uganda 07-November-2018
- New education programme launched for 100,000 refugee and Ugandan children
- Can Uganda’s Breakthrough Refugee-Hosting Model Be Sustained?
Calling for $3 Billion to Aid 21 Countries
2004 UN Consolidated Inter-Agency Appeals
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
(Draft press release)
(New York: 3 June 2003): At mid-year, the Consolidated Appeals for countries in crisis have received 1.8 billion of the $5.34 billion---or one-third---of the funds required to carry-out life-sustaining operations in countries in crisis. However, this average masks serious disparities in response. Humanitarian activities in high profile emergencies such as Iraq and Afghanistan have received strong funding, as have appeals for the Great Lakes Region (56%), North Korea (47%,) Chechnya and Neighboring Republics (44%), and Tajikistan (46%).
Sida has just decided to allocate nearly EUR 49,1 million for disaster measures in reply to the United Nation's annual requests for aid regarding different countries and regions.