- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO deploys mobile laboratory to support Marburg outbreak response
- Uganda declares end of Marburg Virus Disease outbreak
- Uganda Economic Update (Tenth Edition) – Accelerating Uganda’s Development: Educating Girls and Ending Child Marriage and Early Childbearing
2017 in brief
This Annual Report highlights the impact of the Joint UNDP-DPA Programme on Building National Capacities for Conflict Prevention. In 2016, the Joint Programme provided support to 45 countries, including through the deployment of Peace and Development Advisors.
Nairobi, 29 April 2016 – The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) today launched its 2015 Annual Report website and print edition in all six UN languages. The report showcases many of UNEP’s big results of the last year – from key work in support of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Agreement to securing investor pledges to decarbonize $600 billion worth of assets under management – and zooms in on projects helping communities in countries like Colombia and Cambodia to adapt to climate change and develop sustainable livelihoods.
This report has the distinction of being the first ever Global Communities Annual Report and also the 60th anniversary report of the organization that began in 1952 as the Foundation for Cooperative Housing. It therefore explores both our new direction and our heritage, with the focus being the 60 years of partnership that has been and remains at the core of our work.
A century and a half after the creation of the ICRC, humanitarianism is alive and well — but it faces great hurdles. Our story starts on two tracks: a historical timeline beginning just before the Movement’s founding; and an exploration of a current-day conflict. Also in this issue: Focus on Afghanistan; Movement history; Silent killers
CONTENTS /// SOMMAIRE
FOCUS - DRR: Anticipating emergencies, strengthening resilience
ACTED supported by the European Union’s Nobel Peace Prize
Community spirit at the heart of life (Jordan)
Za’atari refugee camp under water (Jordan)
The child friendly space, a veritable sanctuary for young refugees (Iraq)
Promoting hygiene at school to hold back waterborne diseases (Pakistan)
Helping Afghan farmers protect their livelihoods (Afghanistan)
Providing food for the "roof of the world" (Tajikistan)
MAA00010 August 2012
Period covered: January to June 2012
Overview Seventy three allocations were made by the DREF during the first six months of 2012 for a total of CHF 11,778,445. Eighty per cent of the allocations were made as grants to support response to small or medium-scale disasters, referred to as DREF operations. Twelve emergency appeals received start-up funding loans. The allocations supported response to 69 different operations by 54 National Societies.
FOCUS South Sudan: A new crisis country
FOCUS - Sahel: The food crisis looms
A future in dotted lines Log book of a mobile team at the gates of the Sahara Deprived of food and income “Many are those who would not cope without solidarity”
This report covers the period 01 January 2011 to 30 June 2011.
To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) to reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.