Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- As Uganda confirms active cholera outbreak, UNHCR and health actors alarmed at deteriorating situation in Kyangwali
- WHO supports Government of Uganda to respond to the Cholera Outbreak among Refugees
- Uganda starts biometric verification of refugees
- Tens of thousands of children flee conflict in Democratic Republic of Congo in under two months
- Uganda - Cholera Outbreak (DG ECHO, Ugandan Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 28 February 2018)
2017 in brief
Vienna, Austria, September 19, 2017. The 160th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has approved nearly US$250 million of new development funding to benefit developing countries across the globe.
2 nd meeting of the LLF Impact Committee in Riyadh approves major pipeline of $242.6 million in development projects for 2017
Representatives from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development, and the Islamic Development Bank agree on project pipeline to lift poorest OIC countries out of poverty
Projects approved in Tajikistan, Sudan, Djibouti, Niger, Mauritania, Cameroon, Uganda, and Guinea
On the occasion of the 38th Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors held in Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan, a number of financing agreements have been signed under which the Bank shall participate in financing new development projects in (10) member countries (in addition to the Republic of Kosovo) for a total amount of USD230.9 million , The details are as follows:
1 . The Republic of Tajikistan
Loan for USD10 million, to participate in phase-3 in the Dangara Valley Irrigation Project with the objective of poverty reduction among the population.
88 Million Bed Nets Distributed for Malaria
Geneva - The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria today announced that 2.3 million people living with HIV have been reached with lifesaving antiretroviral (ARV) treatment through AIDS programs it supports, a 31 per cent increase over results reported a year ago.
Global Fund-supported tuberculosis programs have so far put more than 5.4 million people on effective TB drugs treatment. Tuberculosis is the leading cause of death among HIV-infected people; the World Health Organization estimates that TB accounts for up to a …
Jeddah, June 2, 2008 -- The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) announced today it is allocating US$1.5 billion to support efforts to meet immediate, medium and long term food crisis in its least developed member countries (LDMCs), though some programs will benefit other members as well.