- South Sudan Situation: Uganda Refugee Response Plan - Midyear Update, Jan-Jun 2017
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report - 1-30 September 2017
- FEWS NET Uganda: Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
FACTS & FIGURES
- There have been 874 cases globally this year (794 type 1 and 80 type 3), compared with 1,503 cases at this time last year (464 type 1 and 1,039 type 3).
- 20 countries have reported cases in 2010, compared with 23 at this time last year.
- 445 Outbreaks following importations of wild poliovirus into countries of the WHO African, European and South-East Asian Regions: January 2009 – September 2010
- 445 Flambées consécutives à l’importation du poliovirus sauvage dans les Région africaine, européenne et d’Asie du Sud-Est de l’OMS – jan
Generosity in the face of hardship (Tajikistan)
Improving Water and Sanitation facilities in prisons in South Sudan (Sudan)
The necessity of protecting the environment in Bahai, East of Chad (Chad)
Foes become friends across the border (Uganda)
Psycho-social support for the children of Gaza (oPT)
Congolese « Mamans » enthusiastic about the improvement of water facilities in Southern Kivu (DRC)
2010 Global Hunger Index (GHI)
Emergency relief to the flood-affected people of West Bengal (India)
Restoring Fisheries in the Sunderbans (India)
Authors: Steve Wiggins, Julia Compton and Sharada Keats
The issue of rising food prices came to international attention in early 2008. This document answers the following questions about the crisis and responses to it:
- What has happened to food prices and why?
- Why are food prices important & where can we find them?
- How have countries and the international community responded?
- The future
6 octobre 2010, Rome - Vingt-deux pays dans le monde sont confrontés à des difficultés colossales, telles que les crises alimentaires à répétition et la prévalence extrêmement élevée de la faim, dues à l'effet combiné des catastrophes naturelles, des conflits et de la faiblesse des institutions.
Rome, 6 October 2010 - Twenty-two countries are facing enormous challenges like repeated food crises and an extremely high prevalence of hunger due to a combination of natural disasters, conflict and weak institutions.
Pakistan - polio infrastructure supports flood relief effort: Polio eradication staff and resources are being used to help in the response to the devastating floods affecting Pakistan. Polio epidemiologists and surveillance officers in the worst-affected areas of North West Frontier Province (NWPF, now known as Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) and Punjab are equipped with vehicles, radio equipment, satellite phones, vital medicines and potable water tanks.
This report covers the period 1 January 2010 to 30 June 2010.
Programme outcome: To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) capacity to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.
Programme(s) summary: At 30 June 2010, IFRC had made 73 allocations from the DREF to support 67 different operations for a total of 11,285,280 Swiss francs bringing assistance to over …
- Emergency in Kyrgyzstan
- Final step in the risk reduction project (Indonesia)
- Adressing the reconstruction needs of flood affected villages (Tajikistan)
- Farmers United Against Poverty (Uganda)
- Emergency response to the forgotten famine (Niger)
- ACTED provides means to combat cholera (Kenya)
- West-Bank breeders seek new ways to support traditionnal lifestyles (oPT)
- Third edition of Convergences 2015 (Paris)
- Portfolio of sanitation activities in the IDP camps of Zalingei (Sudan)
- Getting ready for the monsoon after Aila cyclone …
Press Office: 202-712-4320
Public Information: 202-712-4810
* Tajikistan has launched its response to a large wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) outbreak, with a national immunization activity being launched on 1 May in Dushanbe, the capital. As of this week, 32 WPV1 cases have been confirmed. For full details, see 'Tajikistan' section.
* At the T20 cricket world cup in St Lucia, the Indian and Afghanistan cricket teams came together at a media event to urge parents to immunize their children.
United States Government Accountability Office
Report to Congressional Committees
GLOBAL FOOD SECURITY
Highlights of GAO-10-352, a report to congressional committees
What GAO Found
The U.S. government supports a wide variety of programs and activities for global food security, but lacks readily available comprehensive data on funding. In response to GAO's data collection instrument to 10 agencies, 7 agencies reported funding for global food security in fiscal year 2008 (see figure below) based on the working definition GAO developed for this purpose with agency input.
- Focus Haiti: Humanitarian assistance to more than 300,000 people
- ACTED involved in the national vaccination campaign in Tajikistan
- Behavior change: a long term commitment (Sudan)
- Fishermen set sail from Gunungsitoli under blue skies (Indonesia)
- Building towards the future: Small businesses make a big impact (Uganda)
- Tajik farmers visit Burgundy (France-Tajikistan)
- Farming in a time of drought (occupied Palestinian Territories)
- From a Congo to another: ACTED in support of the Likouala refugees (Congo Brazzaville)
- Rebuilding livelihoods …