- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- WHO: International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Marburg virus disease – Uganda and Kenya: Disease outbreak news (15 November 2017)
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- International Health Emergency Response Plan: Marburg Virus Disease
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
13 November 2017: Save the Children announced that it had fired 16 staff over reports of sexual violence in the past year. Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- In October, some 2,300 Burundian refugees and asylum seekers were newly recorded in the region.
- In Tanzania, no Burundian asylum seekers were recorded in October 2017.
- In Rwanda, the number of Burundian refugee arrivals has more than doubled from previous months (1,150 arrivals registered). This includes 42 Burundian refugees who have passed through DRC and Tanzania.
↗ International prices of wheat and maize remained relatively stable in November, reflecting good supply conditions, while export quotations of rice strengthened amid increased buying interest and currency movements.
CONSEIL DE SÉCURITÉ
8125E SÉANCE – MATIN
Le Conseil de sécurité a, ce matin, demandé de nouveau à tous les États signataires de l’Accord-cadre pour la paix, la sécurité et la coopération pour la République démocratique du Congo (RDC) et la région de redoubler d’efforts pour honorer leurs engagements, notamment ceux consistant « à s’abstenir de toute ingérence dans les affaires intérieures des pays voisins, à ne pas tolérer de groupes armés ni à leur fournir une assistance et à ne pas héberger de criminels de guerre ».
8125th Meeting (AM)
Nearly five years after parties signed the cooperation framework for the Great Lakes region, the Security Council reiterated today its call for States to abide by the commitment to non‑interference in the internal affairs of neighbours and the prohibition against abetting armed groups or war criminals.
This brief summarizes FEWS NET’s most forward-looking analysis of projected emergency food assistance needs in FEWS NET coverage countries. The projected size of each country’s acutely food insecure population (IPC Phase 3 and higher) is compared to last year and the recent five-year average and categorized as Higher ( p), Similar ( u), or Lower ( ). Countries where external emergency food assistance needs are anticipated are identified. Projected lean season months highlighted in red indicate either an early start or an extension to the typical lean season.
250.0 M required for 2017
37.4 M contributions received, representing 15% of requirements
212.6 M funding gap for the Burundi Situation
All figures are displayed in USD
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) monitors trends in staple food prices in countries vulnerable to food insecurity. For each FEWS NET country and region, the Price Bulletin provides a set of charts showing monthly prices in the current marketing year in selected urban centers and allowing users to compare current trends with both five-year average prices, indicative of seasonal trends, and prices in the previous year.
Large-scale Emergencies continue in South Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, and Ethiopia
Conflict and drought are driving very high assistance needs in East Africa and Yemen, with more than 35 million people likely to require humanitarian assistance by May 2018. Sustained, large-scale humanitarian assistance is needed to protect livelihoods and mitigate the potential for loss of life.
The Global Humanitarian Overview
Is the world’s most comprehensive, authoritative and evidence-based assessment of humanitarian needs;
Is based on detailed analysis of wide-ranging data from many different sources, and face-to-face interviews with hundreds of thousands of people directly affected by humanitarian crises across the globe;
Movilizada sobre el tema de la migración desde 2003, la FIDH observa con inquietud la subcontratación de las políticas migratorias y el aumento de su carácter represivo, particularmente a través de la externalización de las fronteras de los países de destino hacia las rutas migratorias de los países de tránsito y de salida. Los acuerdos formales o informales y programas internacionales como el « Programa Frontera Sur » (EE.UU.
Mobilized on the issue of migration since 2003, FIDH is concerned about the outsourcing of migration policies and increase in their repressive character, particularly through the externalization of borders from countries of destination to the countries of transit and departure.
Mobilisée sur la thématique migratoire depuis 2003, la FIDH s’inquiète de la sous-traitance des politiques migratoires et de l’augmentation de leur caractère répressif, notamment à travers l’externalisation des frontières des pays de destination vers les routes des pays de transits et de départ.