- IPC Acute Food Insecurity Situation for November 2017 - February 2018
- FEWS NET Uganda Price Bulletin, November 2017
- IFRC Marburg Viral Disease (MVD) outbreak Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRUG039
Appeals & Funding
- Uganda: 2017 Refugee Humanitarian Needs Overview - South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 2017: Required response to safeguard livestock-based livelihoods in cross-border areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, March – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
- Uganda: Landslides - Jun 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak
- Uganda | Marburg virus DG ECHO Response - DG ECHO Daily Map | 24/11/2017
- WHO donates motorcycles to support Marburg response in eastern Uganda
- WHO deploys mobile laboratory to support Marburg outbreak response
- Uganda declares end of Marburg Virus Disease outbreak
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
21 septembre 2017 – Seuls 15 pays dans le monde disposent des trois politiques nationales de base qui contribuent à garantir que les parents disposent du temps et des ressources nécessaires pour soutenir le développement cérébral sain de leurs jeunes enfants, selon un nouveau rapport du Fonds des Nations Unies pour l'enfance (UNICEF) publié jeudi.
Only 15 countries worldwide have three essential national policies that support families with young children – UNICEF
New report says around 85 million children under five live in 32 countries that do not offer families two years of free pre-primary education; paid breastfeeding breaks for new mothers for the first six months; and adequate paid parental leave – three critical policies to support children’s early brain development
WaPOR: database dissemination portal and APIs
The FAO portal to monitor Water Productivity through Open access of Remotely sensed derived data (WaPOR) monitors and reports on agriculture water productivity over Africa and the Near East.
It provides open access to the water productivity database and its thousands of underlying map layers, it allows for direct data queries, time series analyses, area statistics and data download of key variables associated to water and land productivity assessments.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Situation Générale en février 2015 Prévision jusqu'à ’mi-avril 2015
La situation relative au Criquet pèlerin est restée préoccupante en février le long de la cote de la mer Rouge, au Soudan et en Érythrée, où des opérations de lutte ont été réalisées contre un grand nombre de bandes larvaires, groupes d’ailes et essaims.
The Desert Locust (SGR1) situation remained active in February in the central outbreak region on the Red Sea coasts and the Horn of Africa. Aerial and/or ground control treated hoppers and swarms on some 50,000 ha in Saudi Arabia, Eritrea, Sudan, Yemen and northern Somalia. Other countries in the region remained calm during this month (DLCO-EA2 , DLMCC/Yemen, FAO-DLIS,