Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- EU announces €34 million in humanitarian aid to Uganda and Kenya
- Funding gaps threaten critical aid for refugees in Uganda
- Government launches new Rotavirus vaccine to protect children in Uganda from diarrhea
- WHO and KOICA donate medical equipment to support Maternal and Child Health in Uganda
- Uganda Refugee Response - DRC Situation (08 June 2018)
During 2017, almost 38,900 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement1 to 25 countries in Europe,2 36% more than during 2016 and over three times greater than the average rate of 12,400 submissions per year during the last decade.
Between 2007 and 2016, Europe’s proportion of resettlement sub-missions globally has increased from approximately 9% to more than 18%, and in 2017 reached 52%. This is primarily due to a significant decrease globally in new submissions for resettlement, most notably to the United States of America.
Between 1 January and 31 July 2017, 25,556 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement to 22 countries in Europe, only 11% less than the total for 2016 and already 130% more than the average rate of 11,100 submissions per year during the last decade.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 21-27 August 2016 and includes updates on Zika virus, yellow fever, West Nile fever and malaria in Greece.
15,517,531 Total number of displaced people in African countries
3,975,947 Total number of refugees
11,541,584 Total number of Internally Displaced People
134,492 Total sea arrivals in 2015 from African countries to Europe (Greece, Italy, Spain and Malta)
IOM Launches Updated Response Plan for Mediterranean and Beyond
Switzerland - IOM has released an update to its June 2015 response plan “Addressing Complex Migration Flows in the Mediterranean.” It includes a series of proposed interventions to be implemented through December 2016, some of which are already underway, others are still at the planning stage.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE
HIGH COMMISSIONER’S PROGRAMME
3 – 7 October 2011
Agenda Item 5 (a)
Mr. Chair, Ladies and Gentlemen,
This statement has been drafted in consultation with, and is delivered on behalf of, a wide range of NGOs and aims to reflect the diversity of views within the NGO community.