Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Uganda and DRC bordering districts agree to intensify cross-border surveillance to tackle Ebola
- Nearly 1 million children in West Nile to benefit from better quality health services
- Uganda stands out in refugees hospitality
- New education programme launched for 100,000 refugee and Ugandan children
- GIEWS Country Brief: Uganda 07-November-2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Gesture aims to encourage governments to support FAO's emergency response
21 July 2017, Rome - In an unprecedented move, Pope Francis has symbolically donated €25,000 to FAO's efforts supporting people facing food insecurity and famine in East Africa.
Pope Francis said the funds are "a symbolic contribution to an FAO programme that provides seeds to rural families in areas affected by the combined effects of conflicts and drought."