Appeals & Response Plans
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Tanzania: Earthquake - Sept 2016
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Uganda: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Uganda: Measles Outbreak - Aug 2013
- Uganda: Cholera Outbreak - May 2013
- Uganda: Floods - May 2013
- Uganda: Marburg Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Uganda: Ebola Outbreak - Jul 2012
Most read reports
- Rights in exile policy paper: Uganda's refugee policies; the history, the politics, the way forward - October 2018
- Govt to move Ebola screening equipment to Kasese
- Rapid Diagnostic Assessment of Land and Natural Resources Degradation in Areas Impacted by South Sudan Refugee Influx in Uganda Field Mission Report, 11-19 March 2018
- Uganda Red Cross takes relief to families affected in the Bududa landslides
- Uganda: Landslide Emergency
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Gesture aims to encourage governments to support FAO's emergency response
21 July 2017, Rome - In an unprecedented move, Pope Francis has symbolically donated €25,000 to FAO's efforts supporting people facing food insecurity and famine in East Africa.
Pope Francis said the funds are "a symbolic contribution to an FAO programme that provides seeds to rural families in areas affected by the combined effects of conflicts and drought."