- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
- Tunisia: Floods - Oct 1986
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Tunisie : faits et chiffres 2015
Les principales activités de la délégation régionale de Tunis sont les visites aux détenus en Tunisie, sa réponse aux conséquences humanitaires du conflit au Sahara occidental, le rétablissement du contact entre les membres de familles dispersées et la promotion du droit international humanitaire.
Nos opérations majeures en Tunisie en 2015
Our Strategic Commitments
• Impartiality – We maintain impartiality in the selection of our staff. The selection of our beneficiaries will be purely on a needs basis and not based on race, religion and/or political affiliation.
• Staff Integrity – We maintain a workforce that will adhere to basic moral and ethical principles.
• Continuous Improvement – We monitor and evaluate our work in order to improve on our past experiences and provide better humanitarian services as we progress.
Madam President, Excellencies, Ladies and Gentleman,
More and more Africans are growing old but face uncertain future, reports AfDB
Africa’s population is ageing, just like in the rest of the world, but the continent’s governments are badly equipped to handle the growing number of older people.
That’s the main conclusion of a new report from the African Development Bank (AfDB).
The percentage of people aged over 65 in Africa has grown to 3.6 percent in 2010 from 3.3 percent in 2000.