- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
- Tunisia: Floods - Oct 1986
Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Paavo Väyrynen has granted EUR 1.5 million in humanitarian assistance to people suffering from the crisis in Libya. The aid is channelled through the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), the International Organisation for Migration (IOM), and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF). Each organisation is granted 500,000 euros.
Owing to the crisis in Libya and the stream of refugees coming to Tunisia, Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Paavo Väyrynen has decided to grant 1,200,000 euros from the Foreign Ministry's humanitarian aid funds for the relief work done by the Finnish Red Cross in Tunisia. The decision now made by the minister follows on the previous decision to grant 150,000 euros.
"It is of primary importance to alleviate the great distress of civilian victims and refugees as quickly as possible.