- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2018
- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
Most read reports
- WFP Tunisia and Morocco Country Brief, November 2018
- GIEWS Country Brief: Tunisia 14-December-2018
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Emergency Plan of Action DREF n° MDRTN008 Update n° 1
- Tunisia: Mixed Migration Profiling, Key Findings (Rescue at sea and arrivals by land/air) - 27 September 2018
- UNHCR Tunisia Factsheet - March 2018
The year 2017 has seen some turbulent changes. Protest movements, legal reforms, political upheavals dominated the headlines. Will 2017 be the watershed moment for gender equality, as brave women break their silence on gender-based violence in unprecedented numbers, and men and women come together to challenge inequality and stereotypes?
Women in conflict and transitional countries take centre stage
Funds allocated received by more than 350 initiatives in 128 countries in 16-year history
New York, 7 November—The United Nations Trust Fund to End Violence against Women (UN Trust Fund) today kicked off its 16th year announcing more than US$8 million in grants to 12 local initiatives in 18 countries. In ten countries, funds will be used to address violence against women in conflict, post conflict and transitional settings, including Libya for the first time.
Media Inquiries :
Mandy Kibel, mandy.kibel[at]unwomen.org, +1 646 781-4522
Calls on the Tunisian people and Government to continue championing gender equality in the constitutional revision process.
United Nations, New York — On National Women’s Day, UN Women recognizes and applauds the historic role Tunisia has played in the region as a pioneer for gender equality and women’s rights.
Media Contact: Oisika Chakrabarti, Media Specialist,
oisika.chakrabarti[at]unwomen.org, +1 646 781-4522.
High impact political and economic empowerment programmes sought, grantees to be announced in December; other regions to follow
Media Contact: Oisika Chakrabarti, Media Specialist, UN Women, oisika.chakrabarti[at]unwomen.org, +1 646 781-4522
Ms. Bachelet will call for greater participation of women in current reform process, increased economic opportunities, and protection of women and girls especially in border regions.