- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2018
- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
Most read reports
- Research Terms of Reference: Migration from Tunisia: Tunisia as a country of departure and return TNS1802 Tunisia 11/10/2018 Version 4
- WFP Tunisia and Morocco Country Brief, September 2018
- Tunisia - Flash floods (National Institute of Meteorology, WMO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 October 2018)
- UNHCR Tunisia Factsheet - March 2018
- Tunisia isn’t a migrant transit country – yet
Below average precipitation and drought have raged since last year on the SADC region, the outlook for the remaining months of the current season indicated below average precipitation very likely over most of the eastern part of the region including Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, easternmost of Botswana, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland and the center of Madagascar. The drought situation and related consequences will persist during the coming months.
During June-July-August 2015, Below average precipitation is very likely over southern Senegal, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, extreme southern Mali, Western half of Côte d’Ivoire, coastal part of Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria.
Below average precipitation is likely over Guinea Conakry, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Côte d’Ivoire, extreme Southern-West Ghana, lake chad region, extreme southern of South Sudan and Ethiopia, northern-east DCR, northern Uganda, and Kenyan from May to August
Many cities in sub-Saharan Africa experienced flash and/or Riverine floods in August 2012. Favorable conditions for moderate to heavy precipitation associated to a very active monsoon included an active phase of the MJO, an ENSO in its transition phase toward El Nino and an above normal temperature pattern over the Mediterranean region interacting with the African summer monsoon.
This report describes these patterns, related flooding events and impacts.