- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
- Tunisia: Floods - Oct 1986
The Government has announced it will contribute €250,000 to evacuate civilians fleeing from the conflict in Libya.
Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade Eamon Gilmore, T.D., announced the funding for the International Organisation for Migration (IoM) in a Dáil debate on Libya this morning. The funds will be used by the IoM to repatriate foreign nationals crossing into Egypt and Tunisia.
The Government has dispatched an emergency shipment of humanitarian supplies to the border between Libya and Tunisia in response to the growing crisis in North Africa.
Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade, Eamon Gilmore, T.D., today announced the decision to transport 18,500 blankets and over 100 tents from Ireland's pre-positioned stocks in Brindisi in response to the United Nations' appeal seeking help for those fleeing the ongoing violence. These relief items will be distributed at the Tunisian border by the United Nations High Commission for Refugees.