- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
- Tunisia: Floods - Oct 1986
CARE International launches report in Geneva on Thursday, September 12 at side event of the 24th Session of the UN Human Rights Council
Geneva, September 10, 2013. Aid agency CARE International launches a new report showing research findings on women’s participating in the Arab spring and outlining how international donor policy needs to adapt to the changing context across the Arab region in the wake of the Arab Spring.
ATLANTA (March 2, 2011) - CARE is sending assessment teams to Libya's borders with Egypt and Tunisia to monitor humanitarian needs that may result from the country's political crisis. At present time, CARE staff will focus on the urgent needs of vulnerable people fleeing Libya for nearby countries, such as the availability of food, water, shelter and health care. The teams also will be positioned should a humanitarian crisis develop inside Libya's borders.
Libya is home to an estimated two million foreign nationals.