- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
- Tunisia: Floods - Oct 1986
Most read reports
- Tunisia: Mixed Migration Profiling, Key Findings (Rescue at sea and arrivals by land/air) - 30 June 2018
- Tunisia, Migrant Rescue: Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (3 August 2018)
- Tunisia: Migrant Rescue Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRTN007
- Tunisia: Overview Situation Report - 30 June 2018
- UNHCR Tunisia Factsheet - March 2018
By Rikard Jozwiak
The European Commission has proposed allowing countries in the Schengen area to reintroduce national border controls in exceptional circumstances.
The proposed changes to the rules on Schengen -- the visa-free zone over much of continental Europe -- come in response to an influx of thousands of immigrants fleeing unrest in North Africa.
The disappearance of border controls inside the European Union has been one of the most potent symbols of closer European integration in recent years.