- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
- Tunisia: Floods - Oct 1986
By CARLOTTA GALLSEPT. 9, 2014
SFAX, Tunisia — Libyans seeking medical care and a refuge from war are filling the private clinics in this coastal Tunisian city for the second time in three years, bringing with them fresh accounts of the violence racking their country.
Read the story on the New York Times
By RANA F. SWEIS
AMMAN — When Iraqi militias threatened Ghasswan Al Taee, 36, in 2006, he fled to Jordan. Five years later and with three children born here, his state of limbo has become a constant.
Read the complete story on the New York Times
By SHARON OTTERMAN and ALAN COWELL
Published: March 2, 2011
SALUM, Egypt - International assistance began trickling though the Egyptian border into Libya on Wednesday, with medical supplies and assessment teams gathering at the border checkpoint here before heading into rebel controlled areas of eastern Libya to see what needs exist there.
But far to the west, on Libya's border with Tunisia, relief officials on Wednesday described an unfolding crisis. Tens of thousands of migrant workers, mainly Egyptians, are fleeing from Libya's turmoil, some saying that they feared for …