- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
- Tunisia: Floods - Oct 1986
This latest issue of Coping with Crisis, the IFRC’s quarterly psychosocial magazine, has a special focus on healing in Japan after the devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit the country in March 2011, as well as on the civil unrest that swept through North Africa and the Middle East. It also contains reflections from the president of the International Federation of Red Cross Red Crescent Societies on the rise of technological disasters and the role of humanitarian interventions.
In response to the Great East Japan Earthquake, a flight loaded with 60,000 cans of tuna arrived at Narita International Airport on May 16, as assistance from the Government of the Republic of Tunisia. The canned tuna will be delivered to Miyagi Prefecture.