- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
- Tunisia: Floods - Oct 1986
Most read reports
- Tunisia: Mixed Migration Profiling, Key Findings (Rescue at sea and arrivals by land/air) - 30 June 2018
- Tunisia, Migrant Rescue: Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (3 August 2018)
- Tunisia: Migrant Rescue Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n° MDRTN007
- Tunisia: Overview Situation Report - 30 June 2018
- UNHCR Tunisia Factsheet - March 2018
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa (ROMENA) supports disaster response and preparedness activities in 20 countries by working closely with Humanitarian Coordinator’s (HC)/Resident Coordinator’s (RC) offices, OCHA Country Offices and Humanitarian Advisory Teams (HATs).
This report covers the period January to July 2011
Programme outcome: To further strengthen National Societies to deliver appropriate and timely disaster and crises preparedness, response and recovery assistance to vulnerable people.
The discussions in this booklet aim to address the complexity of risk in the Arab region, and present some tools which can be used by local governments, civil society and other institutions working in the field of environment and disaster risk reduction. In the Arab region the effects of human behavior on the environment has caused a growing concern since the early 1980s and from the end of the same decade the question of climate change has gradually received more attention.