- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
- Tunisia: Floods - Oct 1986
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa (ROMENA) supports disaster response and preparedness activities in 20 countries by working closely with Humanitarian Coordinator’s (HC)/Resident Coordinator’s (RC) offices, OCHA Country Offices and Humanitarian Advisory Teams (HATs).
Our Strategic Commitments
• Impartiality – We maintain impartiality in the selection of our staff. The selection of our beneficiaries will be purely on a needs basis and not based on race, religion and/or political affiliation.
• Staff Integrity – We maintain a workforce that will adhere to basic moral and ethical principles.
• Continuous Improvement – We monitor and evaluate our work in order to improve on our past experiences and provide better humanitarian services as we progress.