- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
- Tunisia: Floods - Oct 1986
176,042 Total arrivals to Europe
164,754 Total arrivals to Europe by sea
11,288 Total arrivals to Europe by land
Trends and key figures
Since 01 January 2017 until 30 June 2017, 102,847 refugees and migrants have arrived in the Mediterranean (Greece, Italy, Spain and Cyprus, including arrivals to the Canary Islands and by land to Spain). Arrivals by sea in this period comprised of 17 per cent children, 12 per cent women and 71 per cent men.
The ﬁrst six months of 2016 in Sudan witnessed a varie-ty of interconnected, intricate, and parallel population movements, inﬂuenced by numerous factors; highlight-ing the complexity of the drivers of migration in, through and out of Sudan. Migrants in Sudan (internal and external) are experiencing vulnerabilities and are in need of critical life-saving services.