- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2018
- Tunisia: Forest Fires - Aug 2017
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Tunisia: Flash Floods - Oct 2007
- North Africa: Floods - Apr 2007
- Locusts - Aug 2004
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 2003
- Tunisia: Floods - Jan 1990
Most read reports
- UNHCR Tunisia Factsheet - March 2018
- Tunisia - Flash floods (National Institute of Meteorology, WMO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 October 2018)
- After the storm: All hands-on deck to respond to basic needs cause by Tunisia’s flash floods
- Tunisia isn’t a migrant transit country – yet
- Lutte contre la traite des personnes : Deux sessions de formation portant sur le crime de traite des personnes au profit de Délégués à la Protection de l’Enfance de tout le territoire Tunisien
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,