- Tropical Cyclone Zena - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Winston - Feb 2016
- Pacific: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Ian - Jan 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Jasmine - Feb 2012
- Cyclone Wilma - Jan 2011
- Tonga: Cyclone Rene - Feb 2010
- South Pacific: Tsunami - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Pacific: Cyclone Heta - Jan 2004
Maps & Infographics
USAID/OFDA Responds to the New Zealand Earthquake
On the afternoon of February 22, people in Christchurch, New Zealand, were going about their normal lunchtime routine when a magnitude 6.3 earthquake rattled the city, trapping people under collapsed buildings, causing extensive damage to the city center, and killing hundreds of individuals.
New Zealand will help the Tonga Red Cross replenish their stocks of emergency supplies following Cyclone Wilma in January.
New Zealand's assistance will support the New Zealand Red Cross to work with their counterparts in Tonga to restock supplies used during the response to Cyclone Wilma.
"Cyclone Wilma cased damage to around 86 homes in the in the Ha'apai group and the Tongan Government has identified food security and the repair of schools and residential houses as priority areas," New Zealand's High Commissioner to Tonga, Dr Jonathan …
This report was issued by OCHA Sub Regional Office for the Pacific. It covers covers the period from 26 January 2011 to 2 February 2011.