- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
To boost fight against Ebola and strengthen community-based services for the future, UNICEF raises appeal to US$500 million
NEW YORK/GENEVA, 12 December 2014 – UNICEF today announced an expanded fight against the Ebola virus in West Africa over the next six months, costing a total of US$500 million – of which just 24 per cent ($125.7 million) has been secured.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC) West Coast Regional Representation (WCRR) established in 2011 in Abidjan covers seven National Societies of Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria Sierra Leone and Togo. The regional office is established to coordinate and provide technical support to the developments of National Societies (NS) programmes, institutional capacity that will maximise the Red Cross impact in the region.
1. Executive Summary