- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
The British Red Cross is sending relief experts to countries across East and West Africa as it launches its Africa Flood appeal to raise funds to help some of the most vulnerable people caught up in the severe flooding in the region.
More than one million people are affected across countries including Sudan, Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Togo and Burkina Faso. The unusually heavy rains have displaced cattle and destroyed crops leaving whole communities vulnerable and extremely short of food.