- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Torrential rains have caused flooding across large swathes of Africa, leaving 40 dead and thousands homeless.
The flooding has affected more than 10 countries in east and west Africa, including Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Ghana, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Togo and Liberia.
The floods have washed away homes, crops and livestock, leaving many people in urgent need of shelter and food. There are fears of outbreaks of cholera in some of the worst affected regions.
Much of the devastation in west Africa has been concentrated in the north of Ghana.