- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
This document is designed to make it easier for agencies to raise Start Fund anticipatory alerts for disease outbreaks, or to submit Start Fund project proposals when an alert has been activated.
The Start Fund Crisis Anticipation Window enables members to begin responding before a crisis turns into a disaster. Acting in anticipation of humanitarian crises is new for many agencies. It can be difficult to decide when to trigger an anticipatory alert through the Start Fund and what activities are the most effective.
An outbreak of Lassa fever that poses a risk to nearly a million people in northern Togo has become the focus of the 100th crisis response financed by the Start Fund.
Schoolchildren will play a key role in a project run by Plan International which aims to raise people’s awareness of the potentially deadly virus and encourage them to react quickly to the appearance of its symptoms. They will be taught what to look out for and precautions that can prevent the disease spreading, and urged to share the knowledge with their families and communities.