- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
WMO is to expand its acclaimed Severe Weather Forecasting Demonstration Project to West Africa in a drive to provide reliable forecasts of hazardous weather in support of disaster risk reduction.
Representatives of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) from nine countries in West Africa met in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, from 4 to 8 September to develop a draft implementation plan, thanks to seed funding from Korean Meteorological Administration (KMA).
Recognizing that Africa is particularly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change, the World Meteorological Organization has launched the Training Programme on Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture to improve the capacity of national technical services in West African countries. The programme seeks to reduce the impacts of natural disasters and climate change on the agricultural sector and to support sustainable development.