- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Bognor Regis business saves lives with UK aid
- Togo: Using toilets to fight cholera
- Solutions in West Africa - Ghanaian Refugees in Togo Q3 2018
- Results in Resilience: Enhancing Disaster Preparedness in Togo - Scaling up systems to improve disaster preparedness
- Togo: Spiraling violence and repressive cybersecurity law hit the country ahead of contested parliamentary elections
BANGKOK, 25 May 2012 - Early next week in Bangkok, Asian and Pacfic media and 10 UN agencies will participate in a special pre-session of a media summit organized by the Asia Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (APIBD), to review regional progress on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
At this pre-session, media and the UN agencies, including the UN Disaster Risk Reduction Office (UNISDR), will look at how they can work more closely to contribute towards the MDGs and its outcomes beyond 2015.
This is the 2nd edition of the Disaster Risk Management Program for Priority Countries, originally published by GFDRR in 2009. It now includes the country programs missing in the first edition (Burkina Faso, Malawi, Mali, Senegal, and Philippines 1) as well as an update of the DRM Country Program for Haiti (to take into account the impact of the January 2010 earthquake), Panama, Guatemala, Ecuador, Colombia, Costa Rica.
At its 5th meeting in copenhagen in november 2008, the GFDrr consultative Group asked the secretariat to focus on a select group of priority countries to achieve increased impact. in GFDrr’s Track ii, Mainstreaming Disaster risk reduction in Development, this lead to a prioritization of operations in 20 core countries, including Burkina Faso, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Ghana, Haiti, indonesia, Kyrgyz Republic, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall islands, Mozambique, Nepal, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Senegal, Solomon islands, Togo, vietnam, and Republic of Yemen.