- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Results in Resilience: Enhancing Disaster Preparedness in Togo - Scaling up systems to improve disaster preparedness
- WFP Togo Country Brief, June 2018
- GIEWS Country Brief: Togo 02-August-2018
- Togo: Flood Preparedness & Response Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRTG007
- Togo: Location Map (2013)
• In May, with the approach of the lean season and the peak of consumption during Ramadan, demand and commercial transactions are rising strongly.
• Decline of local stocks especially for millet, sorghum and maize.
• Consumer prices are above average particularly in Mali, Burkina Faso and Mauritania.
The Muskoka Fund was set up in response to an urgent call for action to improve the health of mothers, newborns, children and young people.
The call was made at the 2010 G8 in Canada, in order to meet the Millennium Development Goals of 2015, and taken on by the French Government.
Alarming food situation among IDPs in Maiduguri in Borno State - Nigeria.
Progressive and near-final installation of the 2016-2017 crop year.
The FAO food price index continues to rise since five months.
Confirmation des niveaux satisfaisants des productions agropastorales en Afrique de l’Ouest et au Sahel : augmentation de 12 pour cent de la production céréalière par rapport à la moyenne des cinq dernières années.
Confirmation de la baisse de 12 pour cent de la production céréalière au Tchad.
La situation sécuritaire dans le bassin du Lac Tchad, qui continue d’impacter négativement sur les personnes déplacées et les populations hôtes mérite une attention particulière.
The PRESAO forum results indicate a high probability that expected rainfall in 2014 will be inferior than in 2013 in the region, notably in Western Sahel
The FAO food prices index records a strong increase for the second consecutive month
Coarse grain prices (millet, sorghum) are still high and above the five-year average
Significant increase in food insecurity rates are noted in deficit-producing areas in Chad and Mauritania
Dans ce numéro :
In 2011, the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) has allocated $ 69.2 million to 11 West and Central Africa countries to meet various humanitarian crises, including 19 million granted under the « under-funded emergencies » window.
Le CERF injecte plus de 69 millions de dollars pour répondre aux urgences humanitaires en Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre en 2011.
Du 4 au 6 novembre 2009 s'est tenue à Accra au Ghana, la réunion de concertation technique sur les bilans céréaliers et alimentaires ex-post 2008/2009 et prévisionnels 2009/2010 des pays membres de la CEDEAO, de l'UEMOA et du CILSS. A la fin des travaux, la réunion publie le présent avis :
- L'hivernage 2009 en général a connu un démarrage très hétérogène. Au Sahel Central et Oriental, les pluies ont été tardives avec des épisodes secs ayant entrainé des retards importants dans la mise en place et le développement des cultures.
The technical consultative meeting on the ex-post 2008/2009 cereal and food balance sheets and provisional 2009/2010 in the CILSS, ECOWAS and UEMOA countries members took place from the 4th to 6th November 2009 in Accra, Ghana. The present press release is published:
- Rainfall in 2009 was highly heterogeneous. In the Central and Eastern Sahel, the rains were late with sporadic dry spells causing delays in crops establishment and development. In the Western Sahel the rains started relatively early without major interruptions.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
12th & 13th Meetings (AM & PM)
Also Hears from Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict, As It Begins Multi-Day Debate on Promotion, Protection of Rights of Child
Regular, heavy rains make for satisfactory growing season despite flooding
1. Early, unevenly distributed start of rains
The 2008 rainy season began early in the Sahelian zone of CILSS countries, with measurable beneficial rainfall beginning in some areas in the first dekad of June.
Rainfall amounts as of August 20 were at or above the historical average (1971 - 2000), except in localized areas of Chad - in Salamat and Ouaddaï prefectures - where small rainfall deficits were reported.
Summary of crises with major changes since beginning of 2008
au 10 juillet 2008
CONDITIONS D'INSTALLATION DE LA CAMPAGNE AGRICOLE 2008/09 GLOBALEMENT SATISFAISANTES AU SAHEL ET EN AFRIQUE DE L'OUEST
Après un démarrage hétérogène et hésitant jusqu'en mi?juin, surtout dans la partie est de la région, l'hivernage s'installe définitivement au Sahel et en Afrique de l'Ouest.
Soaring food prices are affecting millions of people across the world - most of all those living on the edge of poverty and hunger.
For WFP, as an organisation enirely dependent on voluntary contributions, the impact of rising food and fuel prices represents nothing less than a a global emergency.
Donors are being asked to boost funding to make up the gap, simply to allow the agency to reach the people it originally planned to assist this year, without even allowing for any new emergencies that are likely to occur - or any further prices rises.
Rome, 26 February 2008 - A year after Mexico's 'tortilla riots' global food prices are continuing to rise. WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran has said that without additional contributions, WFP will be able to reach less people.
1. Last year, WFP estimated it would need US$2.9 billion to cover 2008 project needs. Soaring food and fuel prices now means it needs at least half a billion dollars more than it had anticipated.
2. The new estimated figure to cover 2008 projects is US$3.4 billion.
This report covers the period of 01/01/2007 to 30/06/2007.
In a world of global challenges, continued poverty, inequity, and increasing vulnerability to disasters and disease, the International Federation with its global network, works to accomplish its Global Agenda, partnering with local community and civil society to prevent and alleviate human suffering from disasters, diseases and public health emergencies.
Programme Summary: The Africa Health Initiative, which includes the International Federation's work on the Global Malaria Programme, and support to measles …
Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Integrated Regional Information Network
Bureau de Coordination des Affaires Humanitaires (OCHA)
Réseau d'Information Régionaux Intégré (IRIN)