- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Uganda and Togo are countries with many differences yet common challenges. Partially due to changing demographics, the impacts of floods and droughts have increased over the years, destroying livelihoods, infrastructure, and increasing the risk of disease outbreaks. Disasters have a disproportionate impact on the poor and most vulnerable.
This document is designed to make it easier for agencies to raise Start Fund anticipatory alerts for disease outbreaks, or to submit Start Fund project proposals when an alert has been activated.
The Start Fund Crisis Anticipation Window enables members to begin responding before a crisis turns into a disaster. Acting in anticipation of humanitarian crises is new for many agencies. It can be difficult to decide when to trigger an anticipatory alert through the Start Fund and what activities are the most effective.