- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Results in Resilience: Enhancing Disaster Preparedness in Togo - Scaling up systems to improve disaster preparedness
- WFP Togo Country Brief, June 2018
- GIEWS Country Brief: Togo 02-August-2018
- Togo: Flood Preparedness & Response Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRTG007
- Togo: Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) n° MDRTG005
Start of season remains slow in parts of West Africa, abnormal dryness continues in Central America and Haiti
Africa Weather Hazards
A delayed onset of the rainy season, followed by poorly-distributed rainfall, has led to abnormal dryness across southern Burkina Faso, the northern parts of Ghana, Togo, and Benin, and north-central Nigeria. The lack of rainfall over the past five weeks has delayed planting and negatively affected cropping activities over many local areas of the region.
This report covers the period 17/January/2009 to 31/December/2009.
Programme purpose: The 2009-2010 West and Central Africa Zone's (WCAZ) Plan aims at providing support to National Societies to properly address the needs of vulnerable people. The 2009 plan of action focuses on the implementation of the safety and resilient community framework. Integrated approach targeting community at risk has been developed with NS and PNS that covers DRR, Health and OD issues at branch level with strong community participation. Some of the projects will continue in 2010.
No new emergencies of significance have reported this week but the ongoing chronic crises continue. The trend of meningitis in Burkina Faso has become alarming after two consecutive years of decrease. Protracted crises in Eastern DRC as well as several disease outbreaks are still ongoing. Member states are receiving support from WHO for response mainly through the Health Clusters.
Pas de nouvelles urgences d'importance constatées mais poursuite des crises en cours. La tendance de l'épidémie de méningite devient alarmante après deux années de baisse consécutive. La crise chronique dans l'est de la RDC aussi bien que plusieurs épidémies continuent. Les Etats Membres reçoivent l'appui de l'OMS pour la réponse principalement à travers les clusters santé.
We are still monitoring the situation In Uganda (after the landslide) where heavy rainfalls continue. The cycle of ethno-religious violence in Nigeria does not seem to stop with another clash reported this week. Protracted crises in Eastern DRC as well as several disease outbreaks are still ongoing. Member states are receiving support from WHO for response mainly through the Health Clusters.