- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Togo: Using toilets to fight cholera
- Solutions in West Africa - Ghanaian Refugees in Togo Q3 2018
- Togo: Spiraling violence and repressive cybersecurity law hit the country ahead of contested parliamentary elections
- Results in Resilience: Enhancing Disaster Preparedness in Togo - Scaling up systems to improve disaster preparedness
- WFP Togo Country Brief, June 2018
1. The present report is submitted pursuant to the request contained in the letter dated 21 December 2007 from the President of the Security Council (S/2007/754), in which the Council called on me to report on the fulfilment of the mandate of the United Nations Office for West Africa (UNOWA) every six months. The report covers the period from 1 July to 31 December 2009.
At its 5th meeting in copenhagen in november 2008, the GFDrr consultative Group asked the secretariat to focus on a select group of priority countries to achieve increased impact. in GFDrr’s Track ii, Mainstreaming Disaster risk reduction in Development, this lead to a prioritization of operations in 20 core countries, including Burkina Faso, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Ghana, Haiti, indonesia, Kyrgyz Republic, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall islands, Mozambique, Nepal, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Senegal, Solomon islands, Togo, vietnam, and Republic of Yemen.
The European Union has given Togo 9.1 million euros (about 13 million dollars) to organise a presidential election in the west African country next February 28, the EU announced Wednesday.
The grant of some six billion CFA francs is intended to help the Togolese authorities organise "free, just, transparent and peaceful elections, in line with international standards," a statement from the European Commission delegation in Lome said.
The gift should also "strengthen the capacities of the main players when it comes to future elections," it added, referring to the …
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on European Union and on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No.1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid, and in particular Articles 2, 4 and Article 15(2) thereof;
(1) The most vulnerable populations in the Sahel region of West Africa are exposed to an extraordinary high level of risk of crisis due to this year's erratic rains and continued high local food prices;
(2) GAM (Global Acute Malnutrition) rates in the region remain constantly above the alert …
Human Rights Council
Agenda item 2
Annual Report of the United Nations High Commissioner
for Human Rights and reports of the Office of the High
6233rd Meeting* (AM & PM)
Illicit Trade Enriching Terrorists, Anti-Government Forces, Chief of United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Warns in Briefing
Concerned about the serious threat posed by drug trafficking to global security, particularly in Africa, the Security Council today called on the international community to strengthen its cooperation with the United Nations and regional organizations in fighting the scourge.
Le représentant du Haut commissariat aux Droits de l'homme de l'Onu, Musa Gassama, a mis l'accent sur les "acquis" enregistrés au Togo en matière de respect des droits de l'homme pendant l'année 2009, tout en observant que "des efforts sont encore nécessaires", à quelques mois de la présidentielle, prévue le 28 février 2010. Parmi les avancées constatées figurent l'abolition de la peine de mort le 24 juin dernier, la ratification de plusieurs conventions internationales et l'harmonisation de la législation nationale à ces accords.
CONTACT: Jennifer Klopp, Vice President of Development and Communications Helen Keller International 212-532-0544 x808 firstname.lastname@example.org
December 4, 2009, Dakar, Senegal - Benin and Togo recently celebrated the official launch of food fortification efforts in both of their countries, joining neighboring countries Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire and Mali, which already have efforts underway.
Vitamin and mineral deficiencies are highly prevalent in West Africa, especially for children under five years old and pregnant and lactating women.
(Dakar/New York, 4 décembre 2009): Les acteurs humanitaires de l'Afrique de l'Ouest ont lancé aujourd'hui un appel de fonds de plus de 160 milliards de FCFA (368 millions US$) pour répondre aux besoins de millions de personnes démunies dans la région au cours de l'année 2010.
Cet appel permettrait de sauver des vies à travers les 15 pays membres de la Communauté Economique des Etats de l'Afrique de l'Ouest et la Mauritanie en finançant des opérations dans des secteurs vitaux tels …
(Dakar/New York, 4 December 2009): West Africa's humanitarian actors launched today an appeal for US$368 million (160 billion CFA) in order to respond to the humanitarian needs of millions of vulnerable people in 2010.
This appeal would contribute in saving lives throughout the 15 countries that make up the Economic Community of West African States and Mauritania by financing projects in life-saving sectors such food security and nutrition, health, water and hygiene, and protection.
Comprised of …
(Geneva: 30 November 2009): United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today called for $7.1 billion to provide urgent humanitarian aid to 48 million people in 25 countries worldwide.
"Our aim is to help people survive the coming year, and start working their way out of vulnerability towards the dignity, safety and self-sufficiency to which every human being has a right" the Secretary-General said in the foreword to the Appeal.
The Humanitarian Appeal 2010 is the biggest Appeal ever launched since the creation of the Consolidated Appeal Process (CAP) in 1991.
Responding to humanitarian emergencies in West Africa is challenging due to the region's diverse crises. Each crisis is complex, severe and affects the population's coping capacities. At least 139 million people live in extreme poverty in West Africa. These people are particularly vulnerable to overall food insecurity, the effects of recurrent and regular natural disasters, and cyclical epidemics compounded by climate change and socio-political instabilities.
The 2010 Humanitarian Appeal addresses twelve major humanitarian crises around the world. It presents a strategic, concerted action plan for each crisis, bringing together hundreds of aid organizations working together to deliver vital aid effectively and efficiently. It requires donors also to act together to ensure that these joint efforts receive the urgent funding needed to save lives, prevent irrecoverable harm, maintain dignity and restore self-reliance.
- La situation alimentaire des ménages
s'améliore globalement dans toute la région avec la généralisation des
- Les missions conjointes CILSS-FAO-FEWS NET-PAM ont estimé des productions moyennes à bonnes dans les zones soudaniennes et guinéennes de tous les pays de l'Afrique de l'Ouest. Par contre, dans la zone sahélienne les productions sont globalement mauvaises avec d'importants déficits au Tchad, au Niger et à l'extrême nord du Nigeria.
Press Release No. 09/430
The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has completed the third review of Togo's performance under its economic reform program supported by a three-year Poverty Reduction and Growth Facility (PRGF) arrangement.
With the ratification by the government of Benin, the 'Convention against the proliferation of light and small caliber weapons' (ALPC) adopted in June 2006 in Abuja by the 15 member states of Western African States Economic Community (ECOWAS).
The Dakar based organism issued a note saying that the importance of Benin's ratification last September 29, (joining Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo), allows for the convention to be adopted.
LOME, Nov 23, 2009 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Togo on Monday launched a month-long sensitization campaign under the theme "elections without arms and violence " in 2010, the national radio reported.
The campaign is aimed at cooling down the social climate in the run-up to the Feb.
- 485 Epidemiological summary of pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus – Ontario, Canada, June 2009
- 485 Virus de la grippe pandémique A (H1N1) 2009 – synthèse épidémiologique, Ontario (Canada), juin 2009
Au lendemain de l'élection présidentielle d'avril 2005, des violences avaient provoqué la fuite de plusieurs milliers de Togolais vers les pays voisins, Bénin et Ghana, notamment.
Pour résoudre ce douloureux problème, le président Faure Gnassingbé a créé en juin 2005 un Haut commissariat aux réfugiés et à l'action humanitaire avec un double objectif, faire revenir les déplacés et avancer sur le chemin de la réconciliation nationale.
Quatre ans après, où en est-on ?