- Togo: Floods - Sep 2017
- Togo: Meningitis Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Togo: Cholera Outbreak - Nov 2013
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Togo: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Togo Fact Sheet Septembre 2018
- Results in Resilience: Enhancing Disaster Preparedness in Togo - Scaling up systems to improve disaster preparedness
- WFP Togo Country Brief, June 2018
- Togo: Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) n° MDRTG005
- Togo: Flood Preparedness & Response Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF Operation n° MDRTG007
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
La donación española de 29 millones de euros a Gavi Alliance contribuirá a acelerar las iniciativas en materia de vacunación en 72 de los países más pobres del mundo.
Esta mañana se han reunido en la sede de la AECID la Secretaria de Estado de Cooperación Internacional, Soraya Rodríguez y la Directora de la AECID, Elena Madrazo con el Secretario Ejecutivo de GAVI, Dr.
The European Union's humanitarian aid policy reflects its founding principles - solidarity, tolerance and respect for human dignity. Humanitarian aid, while not a crisis management tool, is one of the pillars of Community action for countries affected by natural or man made disasters as well as by complex emergencies(1). Through its activities in disaster areas and through its active contribution to promoting respect for and adherence to International Humanitarian Law, the European Commission has asserted itself as a major player in international humanitarian aid.
La politique humanitaire de l'Union européenne est une expression de ses principes fondateurs - la solidarité, la tolérance et le respect de la dignité humaine. L'aide humanitaire, sans être un instrument de crise, est un des piliers de l'action communautaire en faveur des pays affectés par des catastrophes naturelles ou les catastrophes causées par l'homme, ainsi que par les urgences complexes liées aux conflits(1).
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
Produced on behalf of FAO, ICAO, ILO, IOM, OCHA, OIE, UNDP, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNWTO, WFP and WHO by UN System Influenza Coordinator (UNSIC)
The changing context for Avian Influenza response and Pandemic Preparedness
Two years ago we were working in a climate of widespread international concern about a potential pandemic, including unprecedented media coverage and political engagement.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
Produced on behalf of FAO, ICAO, ILO, IOM, OCHA, OIE, UNDP, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNWTO, WFP and WHO by UN System Influenza Coordinator (UNSIC), UN Development Group
In July 2006, the UN Secretary General prefaced the first issue of the UN Consolidated Action Plan for Avian and Human Influenza (AHI) with reference to our collective responsibility for ensuring that all countries -- rich and poor -- are adequately protected and prepared.