Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- De nouveaux réfugiés nigérians arrivent au Tchad
- Tchad : l’OIM a besoin de 1,2 million de dollars pour aider des migrants déplacés par des affrontements
- Echos de la Représentation FAO Tchad, No 34, mars - décembre 2018
- Urgent Humanitarian Assistance Needed for Migrant Workers Displaced by Clashes in Northern Chad
- GIEWS Country Brief: Chad 11-January-2019
Preliminary results of the national nutrition survey show that 4% of under 5 children suffer from severe acute malnutrition (SAM).
UNICEF WASH programme supported the production of 380 subsidised SanPlat slabs for the construction of household latrines in the Lake region.
408 army officers trained on grave child rights violations in preparation for their deployment to support MINUSMA in Mali.
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
Norway is providing NOK 75 million to the UN Peacebuilding Fund. A good deal of this funding will be channelled to the vulnerable Sahel region.
‘The Peacebuilding Fund works to prevent and resolve conflicts in countries affected by fragility in regions close to us, such as the Sahel. We are therefore making an additional contribution to the Fund,’ said Minister of Foreign Affairs Ine Eriksen Søreide.
• Sudan celebrates the international day for the elimination of violence against women.
• About 500 Sudanese refugees were assisted to return from Chad since 22 November 2018.
• Over 1,000 Ethiopians who fled to eastern Sudan following inter-communal clashes in Ethiopia in November, have returned home.
• In East Darfur, about 75 per cent of primary-school aged refugee children living out of camps are out of school.
Recent AOG attacks in northeastern Nigeria heighten security concerns for aid workers and civilians
UNICEF activities temporarily suspended in northeastern Nigeria
USG partners continue to provide emergency assistance to vulnerable populations in the Lake Chad Basin
As of 30 November 2018, 800,330 Congolese refugees are being hosted in African countries. From 1 January to 30 November 2018 alone, some 154,287 Congolese fled to neighboring countries, with a particularly significant increase in refugee flows to Uganda, Burundi and Zambia.
UNHCR together with 43 humanitarian and development partners launched the revised Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) on 17 July 2018 for $547 million to help respond to the needs of Congolese refugees in Africa.
Regional Highlights and Operational Context
In 2018, Belgium earmarked 170 million euros for humanitarian aid. This amount went mainly to helping refugees and people in need in their own region. The most important contribution went to the humanitarian catastrophe in and around Syria. An increasing share is going to humanitarian innovation. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Development Cooperation made this announcement on the occasion of International Human Solidarity Day.
PERS. DANS LE BESOIN 2,9M
PERSONNES CIBLÉES 1,7M
BUDGET (US$) 430,7M
APERÇU DE LA CRISE
• Des attaques d’un groupe armé continuent d’affecter régulièrement les villages dans les zones frontalières, notamment dans les environs de KaigaKindjiria et Ngouboua. L’accès humanitaire y reste limité.
• De nouveaux déplacements de population ont été signalés dans la province à la suite des incidents sécuritaires ainsi qu’en raison d’un sentiment d’insécurité persistant parmi les populations vivant dans les zones frontalières avec le Niger et le Nigéria.
• Heavy seasonal rains and flooding affect more than 222,000 people across Sudan
• Reported chikungunya cases decrease; response efforts continue
• Relief actors support 182,000 vulnerable people in Abyei
- 231,504 Nigerian refugees displaced in Cameroon, Chad and Niger due to insurgency as of 30 November 2018
- 2,477,417 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Cameroon, Chad, Niger and north-east Nigeria due to insurgency as of 31 October 2018 (or latest figures available)
USD 163.5 M
requested for the Nigeria situation (Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria, including support costs) Funded 33%
Funding gap 67%
Intercommunal clashes in Alindao and Batangafo kill and displace civilians, damage infrastructure
Countrywide insecurity continues to endanger aid workers
Number of severely food-insecure people in CAR increases by nearly 20 percent between March and September
TOTAL REQUIREMENT US$ 5.0 billion
TOTAL PLAN FUNDING US$ 2.5 billion
UNMET REQUIREMENT US$ 2.5 billion
FUNDING OUTSIDE PLANS US$ 670 million
Global trends and challenges
More than 1 per cent of people across the planet right now are caught up in major humanitarian crises. The international humanitarian system is more effective than ever at meeting their needs – but global trends including poverty, population growth and climate change are leaving more people than ever vulnerable to the devastating impacts of conflicts and disasters.