Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Little Ripples programme has a big effect on young refugee children in Chad
- Nombre de personnes supplémentaire en situation d'Insécurité Alimentaire en cas de choc (17 octobre 2018)
- Tchad : Zones de Moyen d'Existence Dominanates et Etablissements Humains (17 octobre 2018)
- ECHO Factsheet – Chad – October 2018
- Chad Crisis Map 2018: Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 19/10/2018
By Elizabeth Dickinson
Kousseri - Just three days after moving to her new, permanent home as a Chadian refugee in Cameroon, 55-year-old Esther Deborah walks directly to her tent at the edge of a freshly-erected camp. "The house is not much farther," she reassures us with every other step.
She folds back the crisp white pieces of fabric that make up the door, revealing her daughters - ages eight and 10. "We are suffering here," she says. "But we can't go back to N'Djamena (Chad's capital) yet.
Elizabeth Guthrie and Walker Ristau
Flooding has affected millions of Africans throughout the continent in recent days.
From Senegal to Somalia, from Chad to South Africa, hundreds of thousands have been forced from their homes, and many more need food and other supplies. Countries along the Sahel, a stretch of savannah south of the Sahara desert, have been hit particularly hard.