Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- UNICEF Chad Humanitarian Situation Report, 31 August 2018
- UNHCR Chad Factsheet - August 2018
- DTM Point de suivi des flux de population - Situation de la Migratoire au Nord du Tchad Dashboard #17 (Août 2018)
- Célébration de la Journée Nationale de l’Arbre sous le lead concerté du Gouverneur de la province du Mandoul et du HCR
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire au Sud (septembre 2018)
By Elizabeth Dickinson
Kousseri - Just three days after moving to her new, permanent home as a Chadian refugee in Cameroon, 55-year-old Esther Deborah walks directly to her tent at the edge of a freshly-erected camp. "The house is not much farther," she reassures us with every other step.
She folds back the crisp white pieces of fabric that make up the door, revealing her daughters - ages eight and 10. "We are suffering here," she says. "But we can't go back to N'Djamena (Chad's capital) yet.
Elizabeth Guthrie and Walker Ristau
Flooding has affected millions of Africans throughout the continent in recent days.
From Senegal to Somalia, from Chad to South Africa, hundreds of thousands have been forced from their homes, and many more need food and other supplies. Countries along the Sahel, a stretch of savannah south of the Sahara desert, have been hit particularly hard.