Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Tchad: Aperçu de la situation humanitaire à l’Est (septembre 2018)
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- Chad – Measles Outbreak (DG ECHO, World Health Organisation, Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 29 August 2018)
"The United Nations has described the situation in Darfur as a crisis of 'enormous proportions.' The survival of the hundreds of thousands of displaced is on a knife-edge" (BBC News, May 6, 2004). Ultimately, as the atrocities have continued, more than two million Darfurians have fled their homes - over 200,000 of them crossing from Sudan into Chad.
There, Africare responded.
World attention has been turned toward the Darfur region of Sudan, where displacement of local people by militia forces has resulted in a large-scale humanitarian crisis. While this emergency is centered on the Darfur region of western Sudan, the bordering country of Chad has been forced to deal with the consequences of the Sudanese conflict, as hundreds of thousands of refugees stream across the border, seeking assistance and sanctuary inside Chad.