Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Tchad : Impact de la crise nigériane dans la région du Lac Rapport de Situation n° 31 (14/12/2018)
- West and Central Africa: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (4 – 10 December 2018)
- The children of the Lake Chad Crisis
- Tchad : Présence physique des partenaires (Qui a un bureau où) - Décembre 2018
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire (novembre 2018)
"The United Nations has described the situation in Darfur as a crisis of 'enormous proportions.' The survival of the hundreds of thousands of displaced is on a knife-edge" (BBC News, May 6, 2004). Ultimately, as the atrocities have continued, more than two million Darfurians have fled their homes - over 200,000 of them crossing from Sudan into Chad.
There, Africare responded.
World attention has been turned toward the Darfur region of Sudan, where displacement of local people by militia forces has resulted in a large-scale humanitarian crisis. While this emergency is centered on the Darfur region of western Sudan, the bordering country of Chad has been forced to deal with the consequences of the Sudanese conflict, as hundreds of thousands of refugees stream across the border, seeking assistance and sanctuary inside Chad.