Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Little Ripples programme has a big effect on young refugee children in Chad
- Tchad : Zones de Moyen d'Existence Dominanates et Etablissements Humains (17 octobre 2018)
- Nombre de personnes supplémentaire en situation d'Insécurité Alimentaire en cas de choc (17 octobre 2018)
- ECHO Factsheet – Chad – October 2018
- DTM Point de suivi des flux de population - Situation de la Migratoire au Nord du Tchad Dashboard #18 Période : Septembre 2018
With the crisis entering its ninth year and showing no signs of abating despite recent efforts, 10.7 million people continue to be in urgent need of life-saving assistance across north-east Nigeria, far-north Cameroon, Western Chad and south-east Niger. Nearly 2.4 million people are displaced with fresh waves of violence and human rights abuses resulting in thousands arriving into congested sites on a weekly basis.
The Global Hunger Index (GHI) is designed to comprehensively measure and track hunger globally and by country and region. Calculated each year by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), the GHI highlights successes and failures in hunger reduction and provides insights into the drivers of hunger. By raising awareness and understanding of regional and country differences in hunger, the GHI aims to trigger actions to reduce hunger.
Washington, D.C. -Malnutrition among children under two years of age is one of the leading challenges to reducing global hunger and can causelifelong harm to health, productivity, and earning potential, according to the 2010 Global Hunger Index (GHI).
(1. Juni 2010). Alliance2015, a coalition of some of Europe's most authoritative development NGOs urged the European Commission (EC) at a hearing in the European Parliament to show bold and responsible leadership in the preparations towards the UN Summit on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Alliance2015's report "2015-Watch: The EU's Contribution to the Millennium Development Goals.