Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin Octobre 2018
- Tchad : Présence opérationnelle des partenaires (3W) - octobre 2018
- Tchad: Tableau de bord humanitaire (au 31 septembre 2018)
- Little Ripples programme has a big effect on young refugee children in Chad
- Innovation at HI: Demining drones: a mine clearance revolution?
In 2017, EM-DAT data indicates that 318 natural disasters occurred, affecting 122 countries. The impact of which resulted in 9,503 deaths, 96 million people affected, and US$314 billion in economic damages.
The human impact of natural disasters in 2017 was much lower than the last 10 year average, where events with extremely high mortality occurred, such as the 2010 earthquake in Haiti (225,570 deaths) and the 2008 Nargis Cyclone in Myanmar (138,400 deaths).
In June 2003, representatives of government and multilateral donors, UN institutions, the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and other organizations involved in humanitarian action gathered at an international meeting in Stockholm, Sweden. The meeting’s objectives were to review the humanitarian community’s past achievements and to define a new paradigm for Good Humanitarian Donorship.