Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire au Sud (septembre 2018)
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire à l’Est (septembre 2018)
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Chad – Measles Outbreak (DG ECHO, World Health Organisation, Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 29 August 2018)
- Urgent action needed to respond to acute malnutrition crisis in Chad
By Africa correspondent Ginny Stein
As famine spreads across Africa's Sahel region, aid agencies are warning they are now facing a multi-million-dollar shortfall in dealing with the crisis.
A lethal mix of sporadic rains, soaring food prices, regional conflict and chronic deepening poverty has left more than 13 million people short of food in the drought-ridden region.
By Sally Sara in Bahai on the Chad border
Aid agencies in Chad are bracing for the arrival of more refugees from Sudan's devastated Darfur region.
The United Nations estimates that up to 200,000 refugees have already crossed into Chad from Sudan and fears that as many again are on their way.
Many of the refugee camps are overcrowded, with some families living in makeshift shelters in the bush.
Aid workers are trying to reach all the people in need before the peak of the wet season and trucks are being used to take stranded refugees to camps along the border.