Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- The children of the Lake Chad Crisis
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin Octobre 2018
- Tchad : Présence opérationnelle des partenaires (3W) - octobre 2018
- Little Ripples programme has a big effect on young refugee children in Chad
- Tchad: Tableau de bord humanitaire (au 31 septembre 2018)
As the Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (CRWRC) nears the completion of its $10 million response to drought in Eastern Africa, its International Disaster Response team is now shifting some of its attention to West Africa where a new food crisis is looming.
In the coming months, between five and nine million people risk going hungry in the Sahel, a semi-arid region just below the Sahara, due to a season of erratic rainfall, drought and insect infestations in Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger and Chad.
By Kristen DeRoo VanderBerg
"Currently, the food security situation in Chad is alarming," reported , Merry Fitzpatrick, World Concern's Interim Country Director in Chad earlier this year.
Nick Archer, World Relief
Nick Archer works with World Relief, which works as part of a consortium of NGOs in Darfur, including CRWRC. This excerpt was edited by CRWRC staff for length.
The security situation in West Darfur continues to deteriorate. There were more attacks on civilian villages, which were destroyed, with people running away and increasing the number of internally displaced people in camps. By the end of the month the UN decided to raise the security sublevel and has reduced their staff. It is expected they might reduce it further.