Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire au Sud (septembre 2018)
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire à l’Est (septembre 2018)
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Urgent action needed to respond to acute malnutrition crisis in Chad
- Chad – Measles Outbreak (DG ECHO, World Health Organisation, Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 29 August 2018)
As the Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (CRWRC) nears the completion of its $10 million response to drought in Eastern Africa, its International Disaster Response team is now shifting some of its attention to West Africa where a new food crisis is looming.
In the coming months, between five and nine million people risk going hungry in the Sahel, a semi-arid region just below the Sahara, due to a season of erratic rainfall, drought and insect infestations in Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger and Chad.
By Kristen DeRoo VanderBerg
"Currently, the food security situation in Chad is alarming," reported , Merry Fitzpatrick, World Concern's Interim Country Director in Chad earlier this year.
Nick Archer, World Relief
Nick Archer works with World Relief, which works as part of a consortium of NGOs in Darfur, including CRWRC. This excerpt was edited by CRWRC staff for length.
The security situation in West Darfur continues to deteriorate. There were more attacks on civilian villages, which were destroyed, with people running away and increasing the number of internally displaced people in camps. By the end of the month the UN decided to raise the security sublevel and has reduced their staff. It is expected they might reduce it further.