Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- The children of the Lake Chad Crisis
- Tchad : 3W (Qui fait quoi où?) dans la Province du Lac (novembre 2018)
- From survival to resilience: Central African Refugees in the South of Chad seek more durable solutions
- Chad: Defusing Tensions in the Sahel - Africa Report No.266 | 5 December 2018
- Little Ripples programme has a big effect on young refugee children in Chad
BY VASU GOUNDEN
On 21 November 2015, during ACCORD’s 2015 Africa Peace Awards celebration, I made a public call for the United Nations (UN) to convene the first-ever World Conference on Global Peace.
Over the past few months, our television screens and social media feeds have exposed us to the graphic nightmares currently plaguing humanity. Terrorism, violent uprisings and devastating conflicts now afflict several parts of the world, with no corner of our planet seemingly immune to these challenges or their consequences.
Women play multiple roles in conflict and post-conflict situations, and these roles extend well beyond those of caregivers and victims. As such, it becomes crucially important to promote women's agency and build on their potential in peace processes by including them in all levels of participation – including in peacekeeping; negotiations; mediation; socio-economic reconstruction; disarmament, demobilisation and reintegration (DDR) and security sector reform (SSR) processes...
ACCORD is one of the main actors at the forefront of shaping and supporting both the peacekeeping and peacebuilding fields. It has assisted countries in developing peacebuilding strategies, and has supported the strengthening of peacekeeping missions throughout Africa. ACCORD remains committed to the goal of strengthening the understanding of the nexus between peacekeeping and peacebuilding.
Proceedings from an ACCORD Workshop
14&15 September 2009
by vasu gounden
In the last nine months, there have been several major armed crises in the world. These crises included the massive onslaught of Russian forces against Georgian forces, the Sri Lankan government forces against the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) rebels, Israeli forces against the forces of Hamas, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) government forces against the National Congress for the Defence of the People (CNDP) forces of rebel leader, General Laurent Nkunda.