Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- UNICEF Chad Humanitarian Situation Report, 31 August 2018
- DTM Point de suivi des flux de population - Situation de la Migratoire au Nord du Tchad Dashboard #17 (Août 2018)
- UNHCR Chad Factsheet - August 2018
- Célébration de la Journée Nationale de l’Arbre sous le lead concerté du Gouverneur de la province du Mandoul et du HCR
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire au Sud (septembre 2018)
With the crisis entering its ninth year and showing no signs of abating despite recent efforts, 10.7 million people continue to be in urgent need of life-saving assistance across north-east Nigeria, far-north Cameroon, Western Chad and south-east Niger. Nearly 2.4 million people are displaced with fresh waves of violence and human rights abuses resulting in thousands arriving into congested sites on a weekly basis.
A violent eight-year conflict originating in Nigeria has intensified in the last four years and spread across borders into Niger, Chad and Cameroon, resulting in Africa’s biggest humanitarian and protection crisis.
Schools and safety vital to the response as over 20,000 refugees leave neighbouring Chad
4 March, Maltam Refugee camp (North Eastern Cameroon) - Giving children access to school and protecting women from sexual violence must be urgent priorities in the response to assist up to 20,000 refugees arriving in Cameroon.
ActionAid is working with UNICEF in Maltam providing recreational and educational opportunities for children.
'These people will have to live at the camp for a minimum of several months and we need to make sure children have access to schools,' says Arlette Vondo …