Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Chad: Response Plan 2018 (August 2018)
- Tchad : HRP 2018 - Suivi des financements au 27 septembre 2018
- Chad: HRP 2018 - Funding Monitoring as of 27 September
- Chad: Humanitarian Response and Long-term Recovery Must Go Hand in Hand, United Nations Officials Say
- Chad: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - September 30, 2018
More than 18m people in Niger, Mauritania, Mali, Chad & Burkina Faso face struggle for food
DEC unveils new 'continuous improvement' tool at AGM
Transparency and learning from experience 'at the heart of the new method'
The Disasters Emergency Committee - the national fundraising mechanism for UK humanitarian aid agencies - this week unveils a new system for ensuring that both it and its members are accountable to the people who donate to its appeals and those who are intended to benefit from money it raises.
The new framework, prepared with the help of Ernst & Young, is the key element of the DEC's commitment to public accountability and …
Key Achievements against the 3 DEC priorities for 2007/08
Maximise income for appeals
The DEC launched 2 appeals this year Darfur & Chad Crisis
In May 2007, the DEC appealed to the UK public for their help with what the United Nations described as the world's worst humanitarian crisis.
DEC AGENCIES URGE PUBLIC TO KEEP GIVING TO HELP THOSE IN NEED BEFORE DOWNPOURS ARRIVE
Health needs in Darfur and Chad are greater than ever after four years of conflict and could escalate further if the impending rains lead to cholera and malaria outbreaks, aid agencies warned today.
During last year's rainy season there was a 130% increase in the number of malaria cases at health facilities in South Darfurrun by one of the DEC agencies, Merlin.
The UK's leading international aid charities have joined forces to launch an emergency appeal today (24th May 2007) to save lives in Darfur, Chad and the Central African Republic.
With 4.5 million people affected by the ongoing conflict, the looming rains are bringing the risk of deadly conditions like diarrhoea and malaria, especially for children, pregnant mothers and the elderly.
With malnutrition levels already rising in some areas, aid agencies are appealing for vital help to respond to the rapidly growing crisis.
WHAT: BBC's Natasha Kaplinsky launches the DEC's Sudan Emergency Appeal (the group's 50th appeal)