Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin août 2018
- Strengthening Accountability in Chad | Perceptions of Affected Populations and Field Staff in Chad - Results from Round 1
The past two years show a downturn in violence against aid workers that spiked in a small number of conflict contexts beginning in 2006 and peaking in 2008.
The recent decline in attacks is mainly due to the shrinking presence of international aid agencies in the most violent settings, Somalia in particular, rather than improving security conditions.
The incidence of aid worker kidnappings continues to rise dramatically, and the use of major explosives has emerged as a tactic of violence in a small number of settings.