Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin août 2018
- Strengthening Accountability in Chad | Perceptions of Affected Populations and Field Staff in Chad - Results from Round 1
For farmers everywhere, and especially in the Sahel, innovation is a way of life, as they adapt and change farm practices to increase yields and decrease work inputs. With climate change posing increased risks, community and farm innovations that build climate resilience will help support and enhance the lives of many marginalised people. This paper examines five innovations from the BRACED programme working with vulnerable Sahelian populations, drawing lessons for other resilience-building efforts.
Ce rapport explore les liens entre les violences basées sur le genre (VBG) qui affectent principalement les femmes et les filles, et la résilience des survivant(e) s, de leur foyer et de leur communauté. L’objectif de cette étude vise à explorer deux questions principales :
Comment les violences contre les femmes et les filles impactent-t-elles les processus de changements sociaux nécessaires au développement des capacités de résilience?
This report explores the links between gender-based violence (GBV), and the resilience shown by survivors, their households and the wider community.
The purpose of this study is to explore two main questions:
How does violence against women and girls (VAWG) impact the processes of social change required to build resilience?
How can resilience programmes address VAWG?
"This week, the Building Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Extremes and Disasters (BRACED) programme launched the Resilience Exchange, which presents experiences and learning from the first two years of working to build resilience across Africa and Asia.
For farmers in the Sahel, innovating and adapting to variable environmental conditions have been part of life for centuries. This paper examines innovative approaches that have been adopted in four BRACED projects to build resilience to current and future climate risks.
This paper aims to provide an analysis of economic resilience at the national level, presenting a broad picture of changes in resilience to climate extremes over a 42 year period. It focuses on 12 countries in the Sahel, East Africa and Asia that are part of the UK Government funded resilience programme BRACED (Building Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Extremes and Disasters).
Working and discussion papers | January 2016 | Virginie Le Masson, Maggie Opondo, Ubah Abdi, Patricia Nangiro, Melanie Hilton, Yee Mon Maung, Sophie Rigg, Emma Lovell and Florence Pichon