Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- West and Central Africa: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (4 – 10 December 2018)
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 30/11/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin Novembre 2018
- Chad – Lac Region Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Dashboard #5 (November 2018)
- Cadre Harmonisé d’identification des zones à risque et des populations en insécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Sahel et en Afrique de l’Ouest (CH)
ONLY 1 IN 5 FAMILIES RECEIVE SHELTER AFTER DISASTER
Our research reveals a significant funding gap
Have you ever stopped to think about how important it is to have a roof over your head?
It makes you feel safe. It offers security for you, your family and your possessions. It protects you from the driving rain or beating sun. It can even help you to get access public services and community networks.
LAKE CHAD BASIN
Violent conflict, caused by the militant extremist group Boko Haram in Northern Nigeria, has been raging since 2009. The violence has since spread to the neighbouring border regions of Cameroon, Niger and Chad, directly affecting around 17 million people.
In addition, this area has been besieged by other problems such as food insecurity and flooding. These floods have not only wiped out edible crops, but the reeds traditionally used to make roofs.