Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Thousands of Nigerian refugees seek safety in Chad
- Surging violence in Nigeria drives thousands across borders
- Mobilités au Tchad : Infographies des mobilités sur le territoire tchadien (Décembre 2018)
- De nouveaux réfugiés nigérians arrivent au Tchad
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin Décembre 2018
NEW YORK, 8 March (Office for Disarmament Affairs/Department of Political Affairs) — The Central African Convention for the Control of Small Arms and Light Weapons, their Ammunition and all Parts and Components that can be used for their Manufacture, Repair and Assembly (Kinshasa Convention) enters into force today, today.
NEW YORK, 3 December (UN Mine Action Service) - An international treaty that prohibits the use, production, stockpiling and transfer of cluster munitions is opening for signature in Oslo, Norway today.
The new Convention on Cluster Munitions - or CCM - "marks a major step forward in global efforts to protect civilians and control the noxious spread of deadly, inhumane weapons", wrote the Secretary-General in a message to the Oslo signing event. "The horrific humanitarian impact of cluster munitions is well known," he added.
Meeting Will Discuss Legal Instrument on Small Arms, Code of Conduct for Armed and Security Forces, Cross-Border Security Issues
NEW YORK, 27 August (Office for Disarmament Affairs) - The United Nations Standing Advisory Committee on Security Questions in Central Africa will hold its twenty-sixth ministerial meeting in Yaoundé, Cameroon, from 3 to 7 September.
The twenty-sixth ministerial meeting will consider recent developments in the geopolitical and security situation in selected Member States, as well as disarmament-related and security sector projects in Central …