Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Little Ripples programme has a big effect on young refugee children in Chad
- Chad Crisis Map 2018: Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 19/10/2018
- ECHO Factsheet – Chad – October 2018
- Nombre de personnes supplémentaire en situation d'Insécurité Alimentaire en cas de choc (17 octobre 2018)
- Tchad : Zones de Moyen d'Existence Dominanates et Etablissements Humains (17 octobre 2018)
On Thursday and Friday this week, Sweden has hosted an international seminar on Chad at Krusenbergs Herrg=E5rd in Uppland. The seminar was led by the UN Secretary-General's Special Representative Victor Angelo. Participants included representatives of the UN, the EU, African and other organisations and ten or so countries including Chad. Discussions mainly focused on how the international community should continue working in the country once the EU military operation (EUFOR) withdraws in March 2009.
"The EU, the UN and Africa must work together on a longterm policy for Chad.
The Government will today submit a proposal to the Riksdag to extend the Swedish contribution to the EU military operation in Chad and the Central African Republic. The Bill proposes that the Swedish operation be extended to October 2008.
"Swedish soldiers have done an excellent job.
Carl Bildt, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Ewa Björling, Minister for Trade, Gunilla Carlsson, Minister for International Development Cooperation
The Government's communication on Africa takes its cue from the continent's new reality.
The Government decided today to present a Government Bill on a Swedish military contribution to the EU operation in Chad and Central African Republic. The EU will conduct the operation under a UN mandate.
The Government proposes that Sweden contribute a rifle company of 200 soldiers to the operation which in turn will support the UN presence in the area.