Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Tchad: Tableau de bord humanitaire (au 31 septembre 2018)
- Innovation at HI: Demining drones: a mine clearance revolution?
- Little Ripples programme has a big effect on young refugee children in Chad
- Tchad : Présence opérationnelle des partenaires (3W) - octobre 2018
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/10/2018)
Dr Mukesh Kapila, Special Advisor to the Aegis Trust and former UN Resident Coordinator in Sudan, was blocked from visiting refugee camps in eastern Chad last week and then expelled by the Chadian authorities before he could get the chance to meet even one of the nearly 300,000 Darfuri refugees still languishing in desert camps ten years after the start of the Darfur crisis.
When we can, Aegis supports the work of REACT - which provides educational materials for Darfuri refugees in Chad.
You can see some of the efforts in this (exhausting) video on REACT's recent triathlon teams.
To donate please go visit my fundraising page for REACT - it's all in the past now but your money still goes to a very good cause.
Over the past five years Darfur has seen indiscriminate aerial bombardment, humanitarian assistance obstructed, and scorched earth tactics which deliberately target civilians.
The conflict has resulted in around 300,000 deaths, the destruction of around 3,000 villages - particularly those from the Fur, Masalit and Zaghawa tribes - and the forced displacement of over 2.5 million people(1). Since the beginning of 2008, government forces, militias and rebel groups have all committed abuses, including looting and rapes, without being held accountable(2).